On accreditation of the mass media representatives (journalists) at the Legislative
Chamber of the Oliy Majlis of the Republic of Uzbekistan
1. An accreditation of the mass media representatives (journalists) at the Legislative Chamber of the Oliy Majlis of the Republic of Uzbekistan (hereinafter as the Legislative Chamber) is carried out in order to a wide, rapid and free flow of objective information on the activities of the Legislative Chamber, Kengash, committees and commissions, deputy associations of the chamber, on the activities hold at the chamber, as well as in order to organize the work of the accredited mass media representatives (journalists) in the manner prescribed in the legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
2. Accreditation is conducted in accordance with the Law of the Republic of Uzbekistan “On the mass media” and other legislative acts relating to the mass media, and these Rules.
3. Work on the accreditation of the mass media representatives (journalists) is organized by the Press Secretary of the Legislative Chamber (hereinafter as press secretary). In the performance of his duties he collaborates with the relevant structural units (General division and the department of logistics), Apparatus of the Legislative Chamber (hereinafter as Apparatus).
4. Representatives of the mass media regularly covering the activities of the Legislative Chamber are accredited as a correspondent of an appropriate mass media in the Legislative Chamber.
5. The Press Secretary shall inform the media editorials of the rules of accreditation by the Legislative Chamber, the time and the required documents for accreditation.
6. Media editorials may recommend for accreditation:
News agencies – up to 4 representatives (the one is provided as a photojournalist);
TV editions – up to 12 (herewith TV editions represent three groups, each of which provide a single cameraman and expert on maintenance);
Radio editions – up to 3;
Dailies – up to 4;
Weekly publications – up to 2 representatives.
Monthly and other publications apply for a one-time accreditation.
7. Application is submitted for accreditation by media editorials on official letterhead addressed to the Chief of Apparatus. The application shall be signed by the head of the mass media and certified by the seal. It must include:
Full name and type of the mass media;
Territory of distribution;
Email and mailing address (including zip code);
Telephone and fax numbers of media editorials;
Surname, first name, patronymic, position, phone numbers of the mass media representative (journalist) recommended for accreditation.
The application shall be accompanied by: a copy of the certificate on state registration of the mass media, a copy of the license for television and radio broadcasts (for electronic media), passport data, copy of diploma and four color photographs of 3x4 of the mass media representative (journalist) recommended for accreditation.
8. Application shall be accepted in original and considered within 15 days of receipt. Applications that do not contain of these Regulations information specified in paragraph 7, and not submitted within the deadline will not be accepted.
9. For determining whether a recommended for accreditation of the mass media representative (journalist) a presence of an adequate knowledge on the activities of the Legislative Chamber a conversation can be organized with the press secretary.
10. Accredited mass media representative (journalist) is issued a “Certificate of accreditation” valid for two years by the General department of the apparatus.
In the “Certificate of accreditation”:
Color photo in size of 3x4;
Surname, first name, patronymic and title of the accredited person;
The name of the mass media, as well as the serial number of identity and its expiration date is stated.
Certificate is signed by the Chief of the Apparatus and sealed by the General division of the Apparatus. The accredited mass media representative (journalist) must obtain the certificate personally. The certificate shall be issued by a receipt, with the corresponding record in the record book of accredited documents maintained by the press office (or the General department of the Apparatus).
11. “Certificate of accreditation” issued to the technical worker of an electronic media, gives him the right bring in the building of the Legislative Chamber and pass of it apparatus of the recording, video and lighting. Security guards in accordance with established verified procedure check the technical means brought in the territory of the Chamber.
12. The issue of special vehicles of the mass media entering the territory of the chamber is decided by the special request.
13. Foreign journalists, including correspondents of the CIS countries are accredited through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan. Accredited foreign correspondents shall be issued a special sample.
14. Media editorials may contact if necessary, with a formal application to the Chief of the Apparatus on the one-time accreditation of other, non-accredited editorial staff for their participation in the ongoing activities of the Legislative Chamber. The application shall contain surname, first name, patronymic of the mass media representative (journalist), title (theme) of the event, time and date of accreditation.
15. In respect of applications for accreditation of publications that are promotional, trade publications, and publications that are not involved in covering the activities of the Legislative Chamber may be denied.
16. Accreditation of representatives of the mass media (journalists), activities of which are suspended and terminated, is revoked or repealed.
17. In cases where the mass media representative journalist) does not fulfill the established requirements in these regulations, or spreads false information about the activities of the Legislative Chamber, in accordance with the law, he may be deprived of accreditation.
18. The press secretary must be notified in cases of dismissal of the mass media representative (journalist) or revocation of his accreditation (by the decision of media editorial), in consequence of that accreditation of the mass media representative (journalist) at the Legislative Chamber stops. Editorial, in established order of these Rules may make a new application for accreditation of another representative (journalist) only after the return by the media editorial of a “Certificate of accreditation” of dismissed or revoked representative (journalist) to the press secretary.
19. In the case of expiration of validity of “Certificate of accreditation” or certificate of a foreign correspondent, replacing or destroying the data permits, changes in data contained in it, deprivation of accredited correspondent of a special battalion guarding the building of the Legislative Chamber shall be entitled to withdraw from any mass media representative the certificate of accreditation.
20. Along with the observance of the legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan on the mass media, accredited mass media representatives (journalists) have the right to:
a) Receive advance information on meetings and other events held at the Legislative Chamber;
b) Participate during the open events at the Legislative Chamber, as well as use telephone in a special provided space and other means to communicate with the editorial and reporting;
c) With the permission of chairmen of committees and commissions, heads of deputy associations to attend meetings held by their respective;
d) Receive necessary information from the press secretary and employee of the Apparatus;
e) Use press releases prepared for publishing.
21. Accredited mass media representatives (journalists) must:
a) Comply with internal regulations, and requirements on the organization of work while in the building of the Legislative Chamber;
b) In the course of their professional activities to respect the rights and legitimate interests, the honor and dignity of deputies of the Legislative Chamber and members of the Apparatus, comply with generally accepted norms of journalistic ethics;
c) Fully and objectively inform readers, viewers and listeners on the activities of the Legislative Chamber;
d) not to use their professional capabilities in order to conceal information or falsification of information of social significance, in the guise of reliable information not to spread rumors, not to collect information for unauthorized persons or organizations that are not mass media;
e) At the entrance (exit) of the building of the Legislative Chamber as well as in carrying out professional activities to show the certificate of accreditation or certification of a foreign correspondent;
22. An accreditation of an accredited representative of the mass media (journalist) on a new term after the expiration of his “Certificate of accreditation” based on the application submitted by the editorial staff.
23. The editorial must submit an application for accreditation of its representative (journalist) for a further term not less than one month before the expiry of its accreditation by the Legislative Chamber.
Accreditation for the new term shall be based on impeccable and efficient operation of the mass media representative (journalist) during the previous accreditation.
24. These Rules shall come into force from the date of approval by the Speaker of the Legislative Chamber and apply to recognition of them as invalid in the prescribed manner.